· Ice Breaker – “What word comes next?”
· What strikes us as noteworthy about this scene?
· Who owns the discussion?
· What would give the student more ownership of this discussion about her learning? How would this help the student? The adults?
· What advice would you give to the teacher? The parent? The student?
· What micro-innovations could we try in upcoming parent-teacher conferences to give the student more voice?
· Do students develop grit and character by working hard on something they don’t believe is important?
· How would we advise this teacher to get the student more engaged?
· What factors within a teacher’s control impact student engagement?
· What micro-innovations could we try that would improve student engagement?