· What strikes us as noteworthy about this scene?
· In our classes and after-school activities, who makes most of the decisions – students or adults?
· Have we asked students how they feel about their role in decision-making?
· When a student is struggling, how do we handle the trade-off between giving them the answer, or letting them struggle?
· What rhythms or structures in our classroom give students a voice in running the class?
· What daily tasks could we turn over to our students that would give them greater voice?
· Do we pay more attention to suggestions/complaints when they come from students versu parents?
· What micro-innovations could we try that would give students more decision-making experience?