· What strikes us as noteworthy about this video?
· Do our students come to our school to learn, or just to get good grades? How do we know? How are these goals different?
· Do our students approach their schoolwork with a sense of purpose?
· Does community service in our school help students develop a sense of purpose? Do students create ways to serve their community? Or do they choose from options defined by adults and put in a required number of hours? Is it used as punishment? What message do we send to our students with our community service program?
· Should we conduct focus groups with students asking for their views on the purpose of school? Are we helping them find their passions, talents, and ways to make their world better?
· What do we think the purpose of school should be?
· What micro-innovations could we use to help students develop a stronger sense of purpose?
Bonus video: youtube.com/watch?v=Rvhb9aoyeZs
Bonus article: washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/11/03/a-venture-capitalist-searches-for-the-purpose-of-school-heres-what-he-found/