Watch American Horror Story pay tribute to 80 years of cinematic history. What I love about Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk is that they wear their influences on their sleeves. They know that, as contemporary filmmakers, we walk on the shoulders of giants.
Inspired by Ulysse Thevenon's Stranger Things supercut (vimeo.com/175929311), I decided to do something similar with American Horror Story.
- Taxi Driver (1976, MArtin Scorses)
- Nosferatu (1922, F.W. Murnau)
- A Clockwork Orange (1971, Stanley Kubrick)
- Freaks (1932, Tod Browning)
- Romeo & Juliet (1996, Baz Luhrmann)
- The Lost Boys (1987, Joel Schumacher)
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991, Jonathan Demme)
- The Shining (1980, Stanley Kubrick)
- Kill Bill (2003, Quentin Tarantino)
- Twisted Nerve (1968, Roy Boulting)
- Psycho (1960, Alfred Hitchcock)
- The Exorcist (1973, William Friedkin)
- American Psycho (2000, Mary Harron)
- Interview with the Vampire (1994, Neil Jordan)
Can you think of anymore references? Let me know in comments.