VIDEO ADVISORY: PLEASE WEAR HEADPHONES. The music, recorded and mixed on a digital 8-track player, is not correctly leveled, so you'll miss a lot of the subtle instrumentation if you listen to this through dinky laptop/desktop speakers.
Filmed for my CINE 310 - Film Production class at SFSU (Fall 2010)
Shot on a Bolex H16 Rex-5 with a 10mm and 25mm prime on Kodak stock.
All music instrumentation (and vocals...sorry) by me.
Music instruments used (in no particular order):
- Violin bow and saw
- Crash ride and violin bow
- Bolex winding
- Drumsticks banging on a reel (projector reel)
- Accoustic guitar
- Electric guitar
- Drum set
- miniKORG XL
- Bass guitar
- A toy flute I found in Chinatown, in the key of G
- These little things you spin and sound like tiny washboards (best description, hear them at 05:30)
- Ebow with electric guitar
Transfer process - 16mm projector and camcorder (Side-by-side).