UPDATE: We have extended the competition until June 30, 2011.
SUBMIT NOW: cinemaoutofyourbackpack.com/submit.html.
Join our Festival group and watch the submissions: Cinema Out of Your Backpack.
Cinema Out of Your Backpack is a festival celebrating a new revolution in film-making. DSLR video cameras, the game changers in the film industry, are creating extraordinary new possibilities for every filmmaker: cinema-quality images for a tiny budget. Technology is democratized. Now it's the story that matters, not just the visuals.
Got a feature film idea? Pick one scene and shoot it with your DSLR. 3 minutes, fiction or documentary. All gear has to fit in your backpack. Prove it with a snapshot.
From January 1 to March 31, 2011 our Festival group on Vimeo is open for submissions. In summer 2011, a selection of the best movies will be celebrated in the Caligari movie theater at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Film Academy in Ludwigsburg, Germany. The screening will be followed by an awards show presenting the winners.
▪ The Vimeo community
▪ Shane Hurlbut, ASC (DP 'Terminator Salvation', shanehurlbut.com)
▪ Jared Abrams (News Director at cinema5d.com/news)
▪ Blake Whitman (Community Director at Vimeo, vimeo.com/blakewhitman)
▪ Philip Bloom (DP, Director, Filmmaker, philipbloom.net)
▪ Andrew Wonder (Director/DP 'Undercity', andrewwonder.com)
▪ Claudia Loewe (Director of DFA Produktion, Organizer of the German Film Awards)
▪ Think Tank Photo’s Shape Shifter® backpack
▪ Think Tank Photo’s Multimedia Wired Up 20 belt pack
▪ Think Tank Photo’s Multimedia Wired Up 10 belt pack
▪ Giottos’ Vitruvian all-in-one tripod
▪ Camera Armor’s Seattle Sling™ dry bag
▪ Free Vimeo Plus accounts
Script by Joshua Beyer & Jasmin Srouji
Motion Design by Fabian Rühle
Sound Design by Emre Türker
Voice-Over by Chris McKissick
Music by the Diner: "You'll Be There" (thedinermusic.com)