No matter how you slice it, our Autumn Cider Brined Turkey Breast is moist and flavorful. It brines overnight before hitting the grill for a wood-fired smoke session. Serve it up in a BBQ spread or enjoy turkey sandwiches all week long. Get the recipe here: traegergrills.com/recipes/poultry/autumn-cider-brined-turkey-breast
Brining adds moisture to the meat so that as it cooks and smokes, it will remain moist and tender.
Here’s how to Brine a Turkey Breast:
1. In a large pot, combine:
4 cups apple cider
2 smashed cloves of garlic
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. allspice
1/3 cup kosher salt
3 bay leaves
2. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and add 4 cups of ice water.
4. Submerge the turkey breast and cover with more water.
5. Cover the pot let it brine in the fridge overnight.
6. When ready to cook, preheat your Traeger, then set it to 325 degrees F.
7. Rub softened butter underneath the turkey skin.
8. Season the entire bird with Traeger Pork and Poultry Shake. traegergrills.com/shop/rubs-spices/
9. Create a turkey glaze by boiling 2 cups of apple cider until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes, then whisk in about a ½ cup butter and cool completely.
10. Begin cooking the turkey on the grill. After 20 minutes, brush the turkey with the cider glaze. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature in 165 degrees F.
Cooking delicious food for family and friends is a daily affair. Traeger makes cooking simple because our versatile grill has 6 different cooking methods to engage. You can grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue. Food is encircled with flavorful and natural smoke which adds a layer of flavor to everything. Wood-fired convection heat creates perfect results every single time. Check out traegergrills.com/recipes for a fresh recipe each week. Check out @TraegerRecipes on Instagram for a new recipe each and every day, 365 days a year. From racks of pork ribs and grilled steak to smoked brisket and roasted chicken, Traeger makes everything taste amazing.
Connect with us…
…on Facebook: facebook.com/TraegerPelletGrills\
…on Instagram: instagram.com/traegergrills/
…on Instagram: instagram.com/traegeroutdoors/ For cooking off the grid.
…on Instagram: instagram.com/traegerrecipes/ Get a new recipe each day.
…on Instagram: instagram.com/traegerBBQ/ Get BBQ inspiration.
…on Instagram: instagram.com/traegerculinary/ Get cooking with us.
…on Twitter: @TraegerGrills, twitter.com/traegergrills
…on Pinterest: pinterest.com/traegergrills/
Check out traegergrills.com/recipes for a new recipe each week.