When I look back and ask myself which was our "best" show on MNN it has to be the Bloomberg/Chavez show for couple reasons:
1) The show (which then aired LIVE on Thursday's at 6PM) leads off with what will the following week become America's No.1 Radio song for 16+ weeks. I was lucky and am sure that at 6PM, if you had a choice between regular local New York City TV news shows (channels 4, 5, 7 etc.) or listening to this song on channel 34, you would choose this song.
2) The show aired LIVE the second Thursday in October 2009 (the 8th - although the date on the tape says the 15th I was getting ahead one week because I knew I would be travelling to Asia on the 15th the next week) and then ran as a re-run (I was travelling and could not do a LIVE show) each Thursday leading up to the November 3rd election for New York City Mayor (essentially 4, 30 minute slots in prime time - during local NYC news),
3) The topic stands out as one of the few critical-thinking voices amidst a sea of mayoral paid, earned and owned campaign media in the New York metro market,
4) At the beginning on October Mayor Bloomberg was 16% ahead, on election day only 5% - it stands to reason the show helped move the needle, and
5) The Shakira video does take your breath away.