This demo reel features excerpts from several of my films. For the full movies, and to see more of my work, visit defectivity.com.
1. BOARD TO DEATH (Stop-motion, 2011)
A stop-motion animation with characters made from rubber bands wrapped around thumbtacks on a bulletin board.
***Has won awards at the following film festivals***
- $10,000 Winner, "Action" category: 2011 OnVidi Student Film Competition
- Official Selection: 2012 Hyart Film Festival (Wyoming, USA)
- Official Selection: 2012 Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (Toronto, Canada)
- Official Selection: 2012 Charleston International Film Festival (South Carolina, USA)
- Official Selection: 2011 CutOut Fest Animation Festival (Queretaro, Mexico)
- Official Selection: 2011 SoDak Animation Festival (South Dakota, USA)
2. NWAR (After Effects and Photoshop, 2014-2016)
An animated detective series (http://www.defectivity.com/nwar/) which I write, direct, illustrate, animate, and voice. It was selected to screen at the 2014 New York Television Festival, was mentioned in Variety magazine, and has played at the Upright Citizens Brigade theater as part of their monthly Channel 101 video competition since February 2014, where it holds the record for longest running series in Channel 101 NY history (as well as the record for longest first-place streak, with 7 first-place wins in a row).
At Channel 101's end-of-year awards show, the Channys, it won "Best Show" and "Best Writing" in 2015, as well as "Best Show," "Best Writing," and "Best Directing" in 2014. It also features lots of puns.
3. COOL SCHOOL (After Effects and Photoshop, 2011-present)
A weekly children's cartoon (http://www.defectivity.com/coolschool/) produced at Driver Digital, where I am the Director of Animation. Along with managing a team of animators, I personally storyboard, illustrate, composite, animate, and edit episodes. Since it began in 2011, it's been viewed over 500 million times, gained a following of children around the world, and featured cross-promotion with brands such as Sesame Street, PBS Kids, and Curious George.
4. THOMPSON REUTERS GRAPHICS (After Effects and Illustrator, 2010)
Motion graphics intros for the Thomson Reuters video series, "Monday Buzz" and "Tools of the Trade." I was an intern at Thomson Reuters during the summer of 2010, and have continued to do freelance animation and motion graphics for them since then.
5. FISH OUT OF WATER (Photoshop, 2009)
A frame-by-frame animated short drawn in Photoshop.
For the full movies, and to see more of my work, visit defectivity.com.