- english and german subtitles available.
A black and white experimental dystopian video poem about the search for identity. The intensive poem urges to reflect on our life which is surrounded by hyper action and communication and the pressure to adapt. For some of us far from the beloved home. It is adressed to a longing for calmness and „emptiness“ in a philosophical sense. Author and speaker of the poem: Oracle van een gevonden schoen, is the poet and writer Mustafa Stitou, born in Morocco studied philosophy in Amsterdam, he works and lives in Amsterdam.
- 11. Miden Video Art Festival, program "Home sweet home?" July, Kalamata Greece
- 15. NeMaf Seoul International New Media Arts Festival, int. competition, August, Seoul South Korea
- Festival Silencio, int. competition, July, Lisbon Portugal
- 20th int. Festival Videomedeja, Museum of Contemporary Art Vojvodina, Novi Sad Serbia
- Zebra Poetry Festival Münster Germany
- 7th Kuala Lumpur Experimental Film Festival KLEX, Nov 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Crossing the Sceen Film Festival, November 2016, Eastbourne, UK England
- 29e Festival Les Instants Vidéo, Nov 2016, Marseille France
- Video Bardo Festival, Buenos Aires ArgentinaNov 2016
- TWIXTlab, May, Athens Greece 2017
- The days of German and Russian short films “Vkratze!” April, Russia 2017
- International Poetry Festival MERIDIAN CZERNOWITZ within Zebra Poetry screening, Sept. 2017
BIDEODROMO, int. experimental Film and Video Festival, Bilbao Spain
- Istanbul International Experimental Film Festival Okt 2018, Istanbul Turkey
The poem is from the volume of poems: Temple. Publisher: De Bezige Bij, Amsterdam
engl. Translation: David Colmer, german Translation: Jan Wagner / Literaturwerkstatt Berlin
edit/ camera/ sound/ animation/ drawing: Isabella Gresser / Isola Bella productions 2016
thanks to: Mustafa Stitou, Publisher: De Bezige Bij, Literaturwerkstatt Berlin, David Colmer, small video footage of Mustafa Stitou produced by Beeldrecensies, Kwang Seul-Ki & Seoul.
Preferred screening format: mp4 or Blu Ray
Isabella Gresser is a visual artist living in Berlin.She studied with Marina Abramović at HBK Braunschweig. Her multilayered videos, in which distinctions between analog and digital technologies are foregrounded, encompass found-footage, drawings and photographs combined with literature. Her videos have screened at many international art and film festivals (CCCB Barcelona, NeMaf Seoul, EMAF European Media Art Festival Osnabrück, 65. Berlinale, Interference Festival, Korean Film Archive, Wexner Art Center USA, Signes de Nuit Festival, Filmmuseum München, Video Art Festival Miden, Vafa Macau China, Oslo Screen Festival, Miden Video Art Festival, Facade Video Art Festival, Cairo Video Art Festival, among others)