In this Blender 2.5 video tutorial we will be going over the basics of how to script in Blender 2.5x using the Python programming language.
We will create a Panel in the Tool Shelf with buttons in it that will add Mesh Primitives (Plane, Cube, etc.) to the Scene. We will also take a quick look at adding a name field in the same Panel.
What is covered in this section:
- Explanation of modules, classes, functions and variables
- Creating a Panel in the Tool Shelf
- Filling the Panel with buttons that will add Mesh Primitives to the Scene
- Adding an editable name field to the Panel
- Quick overview of how and where to find function/ icon names from within Blender and the API