Health & Fitness KMET 1490AM About Redlands Radio Show
Being a senior doesn't mean you can't be very fit and healthy - our own H & F Co-Host Patty Peoples is a perfect example of that. She just set a new Women's Course Record en-route to being the Overall Female Champion at the Mission Bay Duathlon this past weekend in SD. All this at the racing age of 60! Her special guest today is Dave Jaffe, Recreation & Senior Services Coordinator for the City of Redlands. We'll talk about the importance of staying active, regardless of age and some programs the City of Redlands offers to help encourage and keep our seniors active and healthy.
1) How many Senior Centers does the City operate and where are they located?
2) Are the programs offered at the facilities only for Redlands residents?
3) What is the cost of these programs? ? Is there a membership needed to participate?
4) What age is considered Senior in order to use the Senior Centers in the City of Redlnads?
5) Does the Center also have programs that address Nutrition and if so, what are they?
6) What exercise programs are the most popular at the Centers and why?
7) What is planned for the Holiday months starting with October?
8) Have you seen in increase of Seniors wanting to become more active in the way of structured exercise programs over the years?