A panel discussion about what keeps us apart and what brings us together, featuring Will Prosper, Catherine Richardson, Dalia Tourki, Zahia El-Masri, and Kevin Lo.
Complete this list: racism, colorism, shadism, sexism, classism, ableism, eurocentrism, imperialism, nativism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, patriarchy… What do all of these have in common? What is behind them all?
In 2016 alone, we have been confronted with questions like: Should Muslims be allowed in the United States? Are First Nations / Palestinians entitled to their native lands? Should descendants of former slaves go back to Africa? Should white people go back to Europe? Are refugees welcome? Should transgender people be told which bathroom to use? Should women hold positions of power in our institutions? Are we all immigrants? Who belongs where? Who decides?
- Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/337966119884723/
- And do you belong? I do by Solange Knowles: http://saintheron.com/featured/and-do-you-belong-i-do/
- List of isms by Interrupting Oppression: http://interrupting-oppression.tumblr.com/post/102351553722/list-of-isms
- It’s Not About Race! by John Metta: https://thsppl.com/its-not-about-race-fb140bac8f1#.5wa2291ry
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:30 Backgrounds
- 06:26 Kevin Lo
- 15:45 Catherine Richardson
- 28:56 Dalia Tourki
- 47:07 Zahia El-Masri
- 57:58 Will Prosper
- 01:11:36 Open Conversation
- 01:38:33 Question 1
- 01:49:34 Question 2
- 02:03:50 Question 3