Today was spent working to get an animation that looked like a human transforming into birds. I ended up getting stuck on trying to simply make a convincing human dissolving into particles, eventually settling for today's effort. I tried everything from sparks, to smoke, to clouds, and fire, and as many other sprites as I could get to emit from Trapcode Particular and/or CC Particle Playground, including some daggers, but it's proven to be quite a difficult task!
Hopefully, for my 3 week anniversary tomorrow, I'll be able to combine DAY 019 and DAY 020 into a single scene where a human will dissolve into birds, complete with the over-dramatic soundtrack to go with it. Luckily, I can stay up all night, pump myself full of espresso, and work until I pass out.
Lining everything up so it happened in the same space wasn't the difficult part; making it appear even remotely believable was the hard part. I discovered Keylight to handle the green screen layer, I worked with using Linear Wipes to gain some control over how the particles traveled, as well as several other key techniques that I know will be extremely useful in the coming days when I hopefully continue to tackle some things that are a little more directly related to the documentary.
I'm happy with where it's at, though: I'm building on all the skills I've acquired over the past few weeks, and all it takes is to remind myself that even though this is far from being much more than a newbie-hacker effort, I wouldn't even have known where to begin on something like this just a few short weeks ago. If I can make something I'm this pleased with just 3 weeks in, I'm excited to see where this will all lead once I'm at the self-imposed 100 days in.
See you in 24.