On October 25, 2016, PQA hosted a webinar entitled, "New Directions for Value-Based Models in Healthcare: Trends, Targets, and Impact on Community Pharmacy Providers", with co-presenters Randy McDonough (Towncrest, Solon Towncrest, Towncrest Compounding Pharmacies, Innovative Pharmacy Solutions) and Todd Sega (Pharmacy Quality Solutions).
1. Discuss the Federal government’s role in setting goals for moving from a fee-for-service (FFS) environment to a value-based healthcare system.
2. Discuss the progress towards implementing the Federal government’s goals as well as the challenges for healthcare providers as they transition their practices to meet these goals.
3. Discuss the implementation of the Medicare and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) legislation and the development of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program,
4. Discuss community pharmacy’s role in moving value-based models further in the marketplace.
5. Discuss the barriers to pharmacy value-based models in healthcare including scalability.