The Cache Clear and Force Stop process is used to sync the Tablet and Boiler Unit and would be considered the "Hard Reset". This process should be utilized during installation of the tablet, to force connect the tablet and boiler, once per week to clear backround errors, and if the Mincher App crashes unexpectedly.
On occasion, the Mincher App will crash due to backlog errors or hardware failure. Run this process first, and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the app will not relaunch after multiple attempts.
1. Power off the Steampunk using the illuminated power switch
a. Left Side on Above Bar 4
b. Under Nexus on Above Bar 2
c. On Front of Boiler Box for all MOD Units
2. Tap the bottom right of the three bottom buttons
3. Drag down from the upper right where the time and battery are indicated
4. Drag down to access the second menu
5. Tap Settings Icon
6. Tap Apps/Application
7. Scroll Down to Locate Mincher App, Open App Info
8. Tap "Clear Cache" (Do NOT tap "Clear Data")
a. It should read 12.00KB after clearing
9. Tap upper left hand button labeled "Force Quit" and confirm with “ok”.
10. Power the Steampunk back on after about 5\10 seconds.
11. Mincher should automatically open back up
a. there may be a prompt regarding "using this USB accessory...". If you see this prompt, check
the box "Always use" and then choose "Continue"
12. Full hard reset is done