We were asked by Nikon Asia to shoot a short film as a promo for the new D7000. We were given free reign and could come up with whatever concept we wanted.
Director Justin Ong, and cinematographer Eric Oh, decided that since this short film was to show off what the Nikon D7000 could do, they would put it through its paces. They decided to shoot in very low-light, coupled with high-contrast situations. They also wanted to see how the camera would handle colours like red, typically a tough wavelength for digital cameras.
All the "looks" were done in-camera and only contrast and saturation were tweaked in colour grading. The film was shot in 1.5 days and the lenses used were:
- Nikkor Ai-S 135mm f2.0 ED Lens
- Micro Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f2.8 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f1.8 ED Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 85mm f1.4 Lens
- Micro Nikkor Ai-S 55mm f2.8 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 50mm f1.2 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 35mm f1.4 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 28mm f2.0 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 24mm f2.0 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 20mm f2.8 Lens
- Nikkor Ai-S 15mm f3.5 Lens
Writer/Director: Justin Ong
Cinematographer: Eric Oh
Music: Ion Furjanic
© 2011 Dos Fellas
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?