What do we want to pass on to future generations?
A mother encourages her child to be to look at our complex world with a different light.
MySon is a short film, shot in Vanuatu Islands, with a strong message of tolerance, humanity and kindness.
- Director & Co-Producer : Germain Lalot
- Writer & Co-Producer : Claire Endress
- Co-Producer : Jb Lalot ineoprod
- Voice Over Artist : Sarah Cavalli - Ear Art Music Studios
- Music : Jon Hopkins (with King Creosote) - Immunity
- Piano and Strings Arrangements : Clément Simounet
- Sound Editing : Jean-Philippe Boinot
- Camera : Canon 1Dx mkII 4k 50p
- Lenses : Canon 24, 35, 50, 100
- Editing/Grading : Premiere Pro/Davinci Resolve
- Shot with authentic tribes in Vanuatu Islands and in a small village in Japan.
Thanks to : Anne-Lise Prat (Contrebande), Jagk Waiay, Luciane Hosea, Emma Sisi, Perry Bisaro, Geoffrey Greenhill, Alexandra Charpentier, Imad Dahhou, Joyce Cellars, Kareem James Abu-Zeid and Tina Blond Svecnik.
Special Thanks to the amazing people of Vanuatu.
This film is in loving memory of Catherine Lalot.
2018 Best Of The Fest. Pacific Coast International Short Film Festival, Los Angeles
2018 Finalist Best Cinematography. Best Film Awards Festival, Romania
2017 Nominated. 4K Tokushima International Film Festival, Japan
2017 Bronze Prize. Miami Short Film Festival
2017 Best Director. Barcelona International Film Festival
2017 Best Experimental Film. Los Angeles Cinema Festival Of Hollywood
2017 Silver Prize. Films & Companies La Baule Festival
2017 Silver Prize. Deauville Green Awards Festival