Each spring, schools give the statewide assessment to students in grades 3-10. This assessment provides students the opportunity to show their understanding of important skills in English language arts, mathematics, and science at their grade level.
This goal of this video is to provide information about the importance of assessment, the different kinds of assessment, how DEED protects student data, and why a standardized statewide assessment is valuable.
Table of Contents:
1. Why are assessments important in my child's education? (00:17)
2. What is an assessment? (1:34)
3. How is a statewide summative assessment meaningful for my child? (2:03)
4. Why does DEED give a statewide summative assessment? (2:45)
5. Why does my child need to participate in a statewide summative assessment? (3:48)
6. How does DEED protect my child's data? (4:24)