The Scaled Agile Framework(SAFe) is a commercial industry systems and software engineering body of knowledge based on lean and agile values, principles, and practices. Lean and agile methods are now used by over 95% of public and private sector organizations worldwide. SAFe is a multi-level model consisting of best practices, guidelines, and tools for enterprise-wide portfolio management, value stream management (mission work flows, threads, and complex acquisitions), program management, and team-level project management. SAFe provides the program management and systems engineering discipline necessary to build complex, enterprise-wide mission and safety-critical systems, while retaining the flexibility, adaptability, and market-responsiveness of lean and agile principles. SAFe is emerging as the de facto standard for Global 500 firms, top U.S. financial institutions, major U.S. defense contractors, and public sector agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense.
• Understand and explain how SAFe 4.0 supports Lean & Agile principles.
• Illustrate how and why SAFe 4.0 supports systems and software engineering.
• Master the roles, responsibilities, and guidelines of its four major levels.
• Learn how to apply SAFe 4.0 for portfolio, program, and project management.
• Identify the business case, justification, and rationale for SAFE 4.0.
• Internalize SAFe 4.0 principles by engaging in conversation and dialogue.