This is my first atempt to build a HomeMade Motorized Follow Focus. It's the first try and i need to fix the Servo motor better (it's a bit loose as you can see on the video)... This is the next step. ;)
The good thing is that's motorized and controlled by an arduino. So, i can make it work with virtualy any project related to camera and filming... Like :
- A Focus memory system, where i can memorize many focal points and jump from one to another fast and easy on Set. :)
- A animatable Focus with total control of speed and easy-in/out moviment...
- A programable focus animation to use in Stop Motion. :)
- A wireless Follow Focus;
- A Tv remote with 10 Focus positions to controle de camera, using any IR remote number keys. :) (I could add a Segmented display to show wich Focal Point is used at the moment...
But the best feature is the price. :) Very, very cheap ! :)
So... The imagination is the limit ! :)
Thanks 4 Watching. :)
PART LIST :
- DIY Arduino controller with Servo controller Code/library;
- Cheap SERVO MOTOR 9G;
- A CDRom drive Gear;