The movie is about my awestruck memories and reflections of Pangong Lake. In my movie I’ve tried to depict, in a small way, what I saw there.
* Billowing clouds, their moving shadows on the brownscape and the wind,
* Andromeda galaxy rising from the hills and plainly visible,
* Bikers on their personal epic ride of the life,
* Star studded night sky,
* Rdo Phungs or Tibetan Cairns in airy and sunny places,
* Reflections of stars in the still waters of the lagoon beside the lake,
* The most perfect turquoise in the Pangong afternoon,
* Beginnings of a grand solar observatory at Merak,
* The green oasis of Merak in the vast brownscape all around
* At night I heard the roar of the Pangong waves beating against the stones. I also heard streams gently flowing from the melting snow and shortly meeting the lake waters,
* At night I also saw numerous meteors, blaze across the sky.
I have tried to assemble cohesively all of these experiences in my movie Pangong Reflections. The entire movie has been shot in a ‘Time Lapse’ fashion. Cameras used are Canon 6D, Canon 5D-II. I used a few lenses such as Sigma 24mm, Rokinon 35mm, Canon 8-15mm Fisheye etc. About 5000 images have made the movie. The trip to Pangong was for 7-8 days. I shot at Lukung, Spangmik and Merak during the trip.