Diabetes can affect all structures of the eye, particularly the cornea, causing a condition known as diabetic keratopathy (DK). This presentation will provide a comprehensive overview on all the potential manifestations and complications of DK.
1. Learn about how diabetes can affect the cornea causing a condition known as diabetic keratopathy (DK)
2. Recognize the signs and symptoms of a DK patient
3. Explore how chronic systemic hyperglycemia mechanistically affects each corneal layer and nerves
4. Discuss traditional and new treatments for DK, as well as risk factors, differentials and complications
5. Increase awareness of DK so clinicians can appropriately address, manage and treat diabetic patients during routine comprehensive diabetic eye exams