Humanity in the Refugee Crisis is a film looking at how humanity is responding to the crisis of our time.
On the ground -underneath the politics, media perceptions and procedures- we witness humanity alive as those escaping countries in conflict, journeying to safer shores are met by others journeying to help them.
Images of washed up refugees on the shores of Europe being met with the rise of xenophobia and racism across Europe and beyond, brought to heart many questions in 2016. All this coupled with the fear of terror spreading and rising Islamophobia, triggered a personal journey through refugee camps in Calais, Lebanon on Greece filmed in the summer of 2016 to go and learn first hand about the largest humanitarian crisis since WWII.
Questions such as:
1. Will my children grow up with images of washed up bodies onto the shores of Europe as a "new norm?"
2. Are all 20m+ displaced through wars, officially "refugees" or are they all "migrants", here to take our jobs and cripple our welfare state? are they all Islamic terrorists?
3. What are we humanity doing individually and collectively?
4. Why does it feel as if history is in repeat?
5. Fundamentally- why are we humanity allowing all this to happen?
Humanity's Heart brings you the lessons witnessed. Interviewing refugees, volunteers, academics, human rights experts and spiritual leaders, we learn how this crisis effects us all one way or another.