A Few Good Men (AFGM) is an initiative of Loving Our Cities, Inc and The Perfecting Church to transform our region’s high school football student athletes into good men by promoting the core values of character, team work, community service, and academic excellence. A Good Man is not only a football player; he is a leader; he is a student and an ambassador representing the character, values and way of life that when emulated by others makes his school, community and the world a better place. The AFGM program consists of the following four elements:
1) In August we held our Preseason Kick-off Event at the Kroc Center to gather our 11 teams to help create a community of character-based leaders among this generation and breaks down barriers between rival schools/communities while establishing the common ground of being good men.
2) From September - November we mobilized (30) AFGM team members for Monthly Team Sessions utilizing the NFL character lessons along with Papa John’s pizza & PowerAde to discuss topics such as :
Time Management - Decision Making - Sportsmanship - Social Media - Managing Relationship -Financial Literacy - Driving Responsibility
3) In October AFGM players participated with the Hope Mobile and The Food Bank of South Jersey to serve together to combat hunger
4) Recognition of Team AFGM Award Winners
* Today - Full page advertisement in Courier Post newspaper
* Now – March, AFGM team members will attend team banquets or school assembly to recognize these outstanding young men based on the their academic success, community service, team leadership and faith community attendance