In this week’s teaching, Dr. Don G. Pickney further develops scriptural revelation that “the battle is the Lord’s.” Kenneth E. Hagin often would say, “Some folks greet you with ‘How goes the devil?’ I reply, ‘It’s victory that I’m in!’”
It seems that the Church has always been under the premise that God needs, or is pleased, with His children fighting battle, spiritually, and as a result of life trials and tests. But nothing could be further from the truth. God’s plan was never that we fight and win battles, or that we engage in warfare with life’s adversary, Satan. His plan was for His children to enter into rest (even as it was for ancient Israel).
Exodus 14:9-14 KJV “But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea… the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD. (13) And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever. (14) The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.”
Deuteronomy 1:30 KJV The LORD your God which goes before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;
Deuteronomy 3:22 KJV Ye shall not fear them: for the LORD your God he shall fight for you.
Deuteronomy 20:2-4 KJV And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people, (3) And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them; (4) For the LORD your God is he that goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
In this teaching, we will deal with several issues:
1. The devil and all of his evil kingdom emissaries are here with us in this earth. They are not going anywhere until the Millennial reign of Christ when, at that time, he and his demonic forces will be bound and thrown into a bottomless pit. We have no assignment from God to “defeat” him, God will deal with him at the appropriate time at an event called “The Great White Throne Judgment.”
2. We are given authority over demons to cast them out of those bound and in need of deliverance. But that does not mean that we need to fight them. They obey our commands in the authority we have in Jesus Name.
3. Demonic spirits are always present in the earth to prey on those who will allow them into their lives. You cannot rid your city or neighborhood of them, but you can find complete protection from them through the power of God’s armor. We put on God’s armor for complete protection from Satan, and in order not to have to fight, struggle or come into bondage of the wicked one.
4. The answer to dealing with the devil is not to try and “run his evil spirits out of our communities,” rather to preach and teach, and instruct those serving Christ how to protect themselves from Satan. Why? Because they are everywhere, all of the time… “roaming the earth seeking whom they may desire.” Therefore the only way to affect the works of the devil is for each person to deal with him on their own personal level. “Whom resist, steadfast in the faith.” (1Peter 5:9) “Taking the shield of faith wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” (Eph. 6:16)
5. God’s armor is designed to work for us. Notice it is not our armor. It is God’s armor… His faith shield you are to wear… his sword (of the Spirit). It is an amazing weapon… it fights for you so you won’t need to, just as was God’s plan with Israel in our above scriptures. When Jesus was in the wilderness of temptation, He taught us that we need not to fight. When Satan came he protected Himself each time with “three little words.” He simply said, “It is written,” and God’s power went to work for Him. There was no battle between Him and Satan, just as there is no battle for us with Satan. The “Sword of the Spirit” which is the Word of God fights our battles for us.
Get ready for much revelation as you watch this video.