Narrated by Matt Damon, “Dispatches from the Gulf 2” is a one-hour documentary that shares remarkable stories from the unprecedented scientific mission to comprehensively study the environmental impacts of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill and find new ways to ease the devastation.
Includes the never-before-documented drama of bottlenose dolphins struggling to survive, and the capture of one of the world’s largest predatory sharks.
Some of the questions answered in the film include:
• Why are so many pregnant dolphins losing their young?
• Why did much of the oyster population in Louisiana disappear?
• Did Deepwater Horizon oil affect the health of sharks?
• Did the use of dispersants help mitigate the impact of the oil spill?
• Will we now be able to predict where ocean currents will carry the oil that results from future spills?
The follow-up to the Emmy® Award-winning film, Dispatches from the Gulf.