Dr. Charles Colin, Advanced Lip Flexibilities (Chas. Colin, 1980), 49-65.
Section 2A to B flat
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
2. BIG BREATH – CHEST UP – SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
3. Kick the top notes with the air (accents)
4. Rest for a few moments between each phrase
5. Play entire exercise in one breath
6. WATCH THE TONGUE
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.