The first guest on the OSI/Roundtable was John Turner, Director of Technology for FA Consulting and Technology. John has over thirty years of experience in the manufacturing industry with a large chunk of that being at GE Fanuc. John was the first person to create a MTConnect appliance back in 2008 that he unveiled at IMTS 2008. In this OSI/Roundtable, John discusses:
• The many lessons learned in machine assessment over three decades.
• Taking full advantage of the features and functions of machine controllers.
• Improving part quality and part yield.
• Identifying and addressing process errors.
• Data collection requirements and opportunities.
• Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)