Tailor - 09:47 - 2017 - Calí dos Anjos. Brazil
Tailor is a transgender cartoonist that shares in his web page other trans people's experiences and their challenges in society. Film about transgender, made by transgender crew.
Tailor is a young cartoonist that started drawing cartoons to express transsexuality issues he was facing as well as telling the stories of other transgender people, like Miro who has a hard time to find synthetic testosterone; Tertuliana, who had a cathartic moment during a social event at university, and Bernardo, who is a black person, a mother and a father, and discovers his new identity. A film about transgender made by transgender crew.
Based on the work of the cartoonist Orlando Tailor
Production: Suma Filmes
Cast: Orlando Tailor, Tertuliana Lustosa, Bernardo Gomes, Miro Spinelli
Director - Calí dos Anjos
Producer - Bia Medeiros
Art director, animation and storyboard - Raissa Laban
Script - Debora Guimarães and Calí dos Anjos
Script co-writer - Letícia Simões
Director of Photography - Bia Marques
Camera Assistant- Cauê Monteiro
Sound- Gustavo Ruggeri
Editor - Vinicius Nascimento
Color Correction- David Argentino
Illustration - Stephany Trindade e Jonathan Menezes
Animation Assistants- Bê Leite, Vivian Lameu, Thiago Macedo, Marina Ávila, Rafael Drelich, Hugo Benchimol
Original Music - Natalia Carrera
Post-Production - Bê Leite and Raissa Laban
The short film is an animated documentary based on the first transmasculine illustrator I had contact in Brazil. His work was and is very important for many minorities, especially for trans people.
The process of the film is, in my opinion as important, as the movie itself. The choices of the film crew and the ways of working are important and political. 90% of this film was made by members of some minority. Trans people worked in direction, screenwriting, illustration, camera, soundtrack, direct sound, translation for brazilian sign language and consulting. It was a way of putting into practice the message of the film. It is important that trans people take part in our fight, it is important that we occupy all spaces and it is important to generate jobs for those people who are so marginalized. Making movies is also a political act.
- 45º Festival de Cinema de Gramado: Best Director Short-film, Young Filmmaker [Gramado, Brazil]
- CineVivo: Perth Independent Latino Film Festival: Best Production Design [Perth, Australia]
- Trans Stellar Film Festival: Best Animation Film [Detroit, USA]
- GLFF Gainesville Latino Film: Best Film [Gainesville, USA]
- Queer Lisboa - Audience Award - Best Short-film [ Lisbon, Portugal]
- Espacio Queer - Best short-film Audience Award [Mar del Plata, Argentina]
- Barcelona Short Film and Video International Festival - Best Experimental Film [Barcelona, Spain].
- Curta Cabo Frio - Best Animation award [ Cabo Frio, RJ, Brasil]
- Recifest - Best Film award [Recife, Brazil]