Achaglachgach House is a large holiday house located near Tarbert in Argyll. It is located within it's own extensive estate, which also features other smaller cottages that are available to stay in.
A lot of these shots were done using the Glidetrack camera slider that we make. glidetrack.com
• Built in 1869 by the Campbells of Kilberry as a hunting Lodge
• Stayed as that for maybe 40 years, during which time it was Let as a hunting Estate.
• Then bought by a retired Army Colonel, who stayed in it for 30-40 years
• During the war it was used as an Old People’s Home (Fell into Decline at this point)
• Then bought by Sir John Birder, who eventually sold it off in 2 chunks. Land to the Forestry Commision, and the house to Herbert Ochs (who ran an ink company in Campbletown?)
• House then bought by the McIntyres on Herberts passing
• The name scratched on one of the windows, is Maggie Birkmire dated 1841, which is understood to be her birth date?
Has a ghost called The Grey Lady! Oh yes it has!!!!