Study 11 of 13 on "Jesus Wept": The Bible and Human Emotions.
Scriptural Basis: Prov. 23:29–35; 1 Cor. 7:2–5; Matt. 25:15–30; Mark 10:17–27; 1 Pet. 3:3, 4.
Key Text: “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36, NIV).
1. In what respects is addiction a significant issue in today’s culture?
2. How would you describe a scripturally balanced view of the place of sex in the human life?
3. Can dependence on God be addictive? Why, or why not?
4. How would you describe the connection between addiction and such things as alcohol, food, gambling, and sex?
5. If such things as work, money, power, and beauty can be addictive, how can we live for God instead of these things?
6. Why is it so important not to be judgmental toward those who are struggling with an addiction of any kind?