Let’s Encrypt is the phenomenal, automated, free SSL Certificate Authority that is quickly making HTTPS a no-brainer for even the smallest sites.
In this March 2nd, 2017 presentation, Randall Bollig quickly runs through the basics, and then explores Let’s Encrypt beyond the usual tutorials. He covers:
• Technical details of the authentication and issuance;
• Gotchas learned while securing over 100 hosts;
• Alternative, PHP based clients;
• Deploying in complex environments;
• Alternative free CAs;
• Cases where you might still pay money for certificates;
About Randall: Randall’s interests center around privacy, security, data warehousing, cypherpunk, and disruptive technologies. Professionally, he uses PHP to interface with the physical world including blood pressure kiosks, laser cutters, 3D printers, and cameras.
He also enjoys hiking, photography, touring big science and industrial projects, and cooking with liquid nitrogen.
His PGP fingerprint is 9998 E019 9072 CC96 C4A6 B799 3405 AD70 E6BC 9AFA.