History is a witness of the times, light of the truth, life of memory, teacher of life, messenger of the antiques.
Even today, there are places made up of ancestral memories and where the presence of history is tangible. In these places, every mountain, every hill, every little stone could tell a story. And if so, we would know of remote eras, families of the past and lost loves.
And here, in the beautiful province of Florence, in the Tuscan area known as Mugello, if we close our eyes, we can almost hear the murmur of history, that solemn whisper that crosses the Etruscan peaks and comes to us bringing with it the charm of the Middle Ages that led us to this day and that in the world made Italy and the Grand Duchy of Tuscany famous.
It is in this way that “Villa La Torre” owes its present structure to architect BUONTALENTI’s project, who created it in 1580 for OTTAVIANO DEI MEDICI on the ruins of a guarding castle, on the ancient Roman road Flaminia Minore, which from Bologna crossed the Apennines and the Sieve River at the height of the Villa.
The ancient building complex, located in a harmonious landscape of hills, includes the Villa, which was a summer countryside residence of the Medici Family. The villa’s construction, in its original structure probably dates back to 1500.
The Villa, on the ground floor, retains much of the Renaissance construction, with arches, vaults, serena stone capitals; while the upper floors have their current structure due to renovations in the first half of the eighteenth century.
Who owns even a single patch of this land embraces the past, with an eye to the future…