March 6, 2017 City Council Agenda
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE C. PRAYER
Pastor Keith Cross, First Christian Church
1. CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES (00:01:09)
Approval of minutes for February 21, 2017 City Council meeting and
February 23, 2017 Special City Council Meeting
E. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE (00:01:36)
Consider approval of Appropriation Ordinance #2A dated 2/22/17.
F. PROCLAMATIONS (00:02:12)
Proclamation proclaiming March 2017 as Brain Injury Awareness Month.
G. VISITORS (00:05:40)
1. Charles Greenwell will be in attendance to request the City Council’s permission to conduct horse and carriage rides in the City.
2. Call for Other Visitors.
1. REPORT FROM KANSAS FOREST SERVICE REGARDING STREET TREES ON SOUTH OHIO STREET (00:18:20)
Receive and file a report by Tim McDonnell of the Kansas Forest Service regarding street tree along the area included in the South Ohio Street Reconstruction Project.
2. ANNUAL REVIEW OF GLOBAL PARTS PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION (00:33:32)
Consider approval of continuing the tax exemption for Global Parts as originally authorized by the City.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 2017-02 AUTHORIZING THE RESURFACING OR REPAIRING OF CERTAIN PAVED STREETS WITHIN THE CITY AND PROVIDING FOR THE PAYMENT OF THE COSTS (00:35:27)
Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-02 authorizing the resurfacing or
repairing of certain paved streets within the city and providing for the
payment of the costs thereof for the 2017 Street Sales Tax Program recommended list of projects.
4. BID AWARD FOR WASTEWATER DIVISION PLANT TRUCK (00:44:30)
Consider approval of the low bid for a 2017 Ram 5500 Service Truck from Winfield Motor Company, Inc. in the amount of $29,901 for the Wastewater Division.
5. RESOLUTION FIXING TIME AND PLACE FOR HEARINGS CONCERNING THE CONDEMNATION AND REPAIR OR DEMOLITION OF STRUCTURES LOCATED AT 1154 NORTH SCHOOL STREET (00:47:10)
Consider Approval of proposed Resolution No. 2017-03 fixing the time and place for a public hearing to take place on Monday, May 1, 2017 at Augusta City Hall at 7:00 pm concerning the condemnation and repair or demolition of a single-family residential structure located at 1154 North School Street; Consider approval of proposed Resolution No. 2017-04 fixing the time and place for a public hearing to take place on Monday, May 1, 2017 at Augusta City Hall at 7:00pm concerning the condemnation and repair or demolition of a detached residential garage structure located at 1154 North School Street.
6. NUISANCE ABATEMENT RESOLUTIONS FOR VARIOUS PROPERTIES THROUGHOUT THE CITY OF AUGUSTA (00:50:28)
Consider approval of Resolutions No. 2017-05, 2017-06, 2017-07, 2017-08,
2017-09, 2017-10, and 2017-11 determining that a nuisance exists and ordering the removal and abatement of said nuisance on properties located at the following addresses: 129 East 12th Ave.; 1106 North School Street; 1117
North Euclid Street; 1117 North School Street; and 1110 North Euclid Street.
7. SHRYOCK PARK SPLASH PAD FENCE PROPOSAL (01:05:58)
Consider approval of the Park Advisory Board’s recommendation to approve the Wichita Fence Co. proposal in the amount of $10,598.90 for a 4’ high Ameristar Montage Majestic 2-rail black ornamental fence to be constructed around the splash pad.
8. PLAY PARK POINTE REHABILITATION PROPOSAL (01:14:32)
Consider approval of the proposal from Leathers & Associates for rehabilitation of Play Park Pointe with an estimated budget of $85,000 for a 4- day community build project to be conducted May 18th -21st and authorize
staff to pay Construction Phase invoice in the amount of $950 to secure
scheduled build dates.
9. AIRPORT ADVISORY BOARD RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE T- HANGAR EXPANSION PROJECT AT AUGUSTA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT (01:20:10)
Consider approval of the Airport Advisory Board’s recommendation to approve the proposal submitted by Erect-A-Tube for the purchase of two (2)
10-unit T-Hangar buildings in the amount of $286,757.00; consider approval of Option 1 in the amount of $2,474 for a mechanical room; consider approval of Option 3 in the amount of $21,054 for insulation.
10. AGREEMENT WITH MYGOV FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE (01:38.38)
Consider approval of an agreement with MyGov for Community Development Software to implement the License & Registration module, the Permits & Inspections module, and Code Enforcement module into the daily operations of the Community Development Department – Inspection Division.
I. MATTERS FROM/FOR COUNCIL (01:53:19)
1. Mayor Childers – Implementation of a Noise Ordinance for the City of
2. Call for Other Matters.
J. INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM