March 20. 2017 City Council Agenda
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
D. MINUTES (00:01:38)
1. CITY COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
Approval of Strategic Budget Retreat minutes for February 27, 2017, March 6,
2017 City Council Meeting and March 13, 2017 City Council Work Session
E. APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE (00:01:50)
Consider approval of Appropriation Ordinance #3 dated 3/8/17.
1. Representatives to request approval for Inspiring Greater Heights Car festival to be held April 1, 2017, at the Augusta Municipal Airport.(00:02:16)
2. Connie Thurman, to request approval for the Brick Street Festival and Ottaway Carnival to be held downtown April 14 and 15, 2017. (00:05:10)
3. Connie Thurman, with Downtown Augusta, Inc. will be present to request approval for the Annual Adopt-a-Pot contest and to request that the City fund the prizes. (00:08:52)
4. Call for Other Visitors.
1. 2017 INSURANCE RENEWAL (00:10:50)
Consider acceptance of the bid proposal from Madrigal & Welch for the renewal of the City’s 2017 Insurance Policy
2. AGREEMENT WITH PONTEM SOFTWARE FOR CEMETERY DATA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (00:17:56)
Consider approval of an agreement with Pontem Software for Cemetery Data Management Software
3. AUTHORIZE DISPOSAL OF LOST AND STOLEN BICYCLES TO THE AMERICAN LEGION POST AND AUXILIARY (00:25:23)
Consider approval of the Public Safety Director’s recommendation to donate approximately 50 found, lost, and/or stolen bicycles to the American Legion Post
4. RESOLUTION FIXING TIME AND PLACE FOR HEARINGS CONCERNING THE CONDEMNATION AND REPAIR OR DEMOLITION OF STRUCTURES LOCATED AT 432 EAST BROADWAY AVENUE PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF K.S.A.
12-1750 ET SEQ. (00:30:05)
5. NUISANCE ABATEMENT RESOLUTIONS FOR VARIOUS PROPERTIES THROUGHOUT THE CITY OF AUGUSTA (00:33:30)
Consider approval of Resolutions No. 2017-11, 2017-12, 2017-13, 2017-14,
2017-15, and 2017-16 determining that a nuisance exists and ordering the removal and abatement of said nuisance on properties located at the following addresses: 210 East Wiley Avenue; 325 East Main Street; 517 North Santa Fe Street; 658 North Santa Fe Street; 1201 North Ohio Street; and 1147 North Dearborn Street.
6. SHRYOCK PARK SPLASH PAD SHADE STRUCTURES AND SITE AMENITIES PROPOSAL (00:44:01)
Consider approval of the Park Advisory Board’s recommendation to shade structures and site amenities with a budget of $45,000 for shade structures, seating, and sodding to be installed around the splash pad.
7. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON SEPTIC DISPOSAL OPTIONS FOR AUGUSTA WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT (01:01:17)
Discuss and provide direction regarding handling of domestic septage from septic haulers at the Augusta Wastewater Treatment Plan.
8. CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING AGREEMENT FOR OHIO STREET PROJECT (01:13:18)
Consider approval of the agreement for construction engineering services to be performed by the City of Augusta for the Ohio Street Project.
9. ORDINANCE NO. 2112 ESTABLISHING THE NUMBER OF QUALIFIED ELECTORS OF THE CITY OF AUGUSTA, KANSAS REQUIRED TO SIGN A NOMINATION PETITION FOR CANDIDACY FOR CITY OFFICE ELECTED AT LARGE (01:18:05)
10. ORDINANCE NO. 2113 EXEMPTING THE AUGUSTA FRISCO DEPOT AND ITS FACILITIES FROM THE STATUTORY PROHIBITIONS ON THE DRINKING OR CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC LIQUOR ON PUBLIC PROPERTY; APPROVAL OF REVISED TRAIN DEPOT RESERVATION FORM (01:22:09)
11. RESOLUTION NO. 2017-17 STATING THE DESIRE OF THE CITY OF AUGUSTA, KANSAS FOR THE SOUTHERLY EXPANSION OF THE RUNWAY AT THE AUGUSTA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT(01:44:50)
I. MATTERS FROM/FOR COUNCIL (01:47:02)
1. Mayor Matt Childers: Park Board Member Appointments – The Governing Body appoints Park Board members. The following members’ terms expire in April 2017: Justin Londagin, Mike Rawlings, Betty Roy, and Eric Birk. All members with expiring terms are eligible for reappointment.
2. Call for Other Matters.
J. INFORMATIONAL MEMORANDUM