Study 12 of 13 on "Jesus Wept": The Bible and Human Emotions.
Scriptural Basis: Gen. 1:27–2:25; 3; Jer. 10:12, 13; Ps. 19:1–7; Matt. 6:25–34; Psalm 104.
Key Text: “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge” (Ps. 19:1, 2, NIV).
1. What kinds of things come to mind when you consider that you are made in the image of God?
2. What can we learn from Scripture about nature?
3. How are the traits of God revealed in the works of His hands?
4. Some believe God created the universe, set the laws to govern it, and then left it to its own devices. What does Scripture say about this?
5. Genesis 1:28 speaks of humankind’s “dominion” over nature. How do you interpret this?
6. What should Christians have to say about the whole question of the environment?