- 2017 Sheffield Doc/Fest (New Talent Award Nominee)
- 2017 Antenna International Documentary Festival (Best Australian Feature Documentary Nominee)
- 34th Bogota International Film Festival (Best Documentary on Environment Nominee)
- 7th ACAMPADOC Panamá International Documentary Festival (Official Selection)
- 2018 Lund International Architecture Film Festival (Official Selection)
- 15th Saratov Sufferings Documentary Drama Film Festival (Official Selection)
- 2018 Arquitectura Film Festival Santiago (Best - Documentary Feature Nominee)
- 7th Arquiteturas International Film Festival (Official Selection)
Logline: The Chilean earthquake of 2010 damaged over 370,000 beloved homes; this is the story of one. Over three years, the destruction of CASA ANTÚNEZ reveals a family divided by their desires for the future and their nostalgia for the past.
Synopsis: The devastating Chilean earthquake of 2010 damaged over 370,000 homes. The city of Talca was near its epicentre, leaving many historic neighbourhoods in ruins. CASA ANTÚNEZ is an intimate portrait of one beloved home in Talca, and how its destruction reveals a divided family. When the mother sells the adobe ruins to her architect son José Luis, his brothers and cousins are sceptical about his intentions. Over three years, we witness their psychological process of losing a childhood home as they confront the future of its land. CASA ANTÚNEZ is a poetic homage to the very notion of ‘home’ after a disaster.
Duration: 52 min 10 sec
Executive Producer: Lizzette Atkins
Director/Producer: Nora Niasari
Co-Producer: Mandi Bialek-Wester
Sound Designer: Livia Ruzic
Countries of Production: Australia/Chile
Language: Spanish (English Subtitles)
Release Date: June 2017
Marketing support provided by Film Victoria.
© Nora Niasari 2017