On the 25th of February, a group of people braved the wind and the rain, to sleep out in Cardiff in order to show solidarity with the plight of asylum seekers.
- Britain's asylum system is very tough many get rejected.
- Asylum seekers are looking for a place of safety
- Most asylum seekers are living in poverty and experience poor health and hunger
- Refugees make a huge contribution to the UK
- 30,000 jobs have been created in Leicester by Ugandan Asian refugees since 1972.
- The 1951 Refugee Convention guarantees everybody the right to apply for asylum. It has saved millions of lives. No country has ever withdrawn from it.