On the 25th of February, a group of people braved the wind and the rain, to sleep out in Cardiff in order to show solidarity with the plight of asylum seekers.
- Britain's asylum system is very tough many get rejected.
- Asylum seekers are looking for a place of safety
- Most asylum seekers are living in poverty and experience poor health and hunger
- Refugees make a huge contribution to the UK
- 30,000 jobs have been created in Leicester by Ugandan Asian refugees since 1972.
- The 1951 Refugee Convention guarantees everybody the right to apply for asylum. It has saved millions of lives. No country has ever withdrawn from it.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?