The average person is eating 276 more snack calories per day than we did in 1977 and we are also drinking about 123 more calories at meals. It doesn't seem like much, but it does add up. Let's do some estimates. We'll round up and down. Let's say it's 300 more snacking calories and 100 more drinking calories per day. That is 400 extra calories per day. In 7 days that will be 2800 calories and in a 4 week month, that is 11,200 calories. One pound equals 3500 calories. So, that is a wopping 3.2 pounds creeping onto us. If we can't get our snacking and beverages under control, no wonder we keep gaining weight. What can we do? Try tracking and planning your snacks. Here are some ideas:
1. Frozen edamame. It's quick and easy.
2. Bags of pre cut jicama strips. Again, quick and easy.
3. Skip the soda all together. =]
4. Water down juices or opt for a dash of flavor in plain water.
5. Spicy wasabi peas. Hot! How many can you really eat! =]
6. Eat seeds and nuts in the shell. Slow down.
7. Try dried fruits for a sweet tooth satisfier and get added fiber.
No matter what the snack, it's still calories in calories out. Read the nutritional guidlines on the labels so you know what a true serving size is and measure it out till you have a good idea what it is.
What's your favorite healthy snack?
Like this.. Please LIKE my page facebook.com/coachlana thanks!