We are proud to announce the very limited release of our first-ever Natural - Hydro - Honey - processed coffee. This offering is a product of innovation, experimentation, and the application of scientific understanding throughout every step of the process.
Elkin Guzman, a longtime partner and friend of Cafe Imports, continues to lead the way by taking risks, asking questions, and deepening his understanding of what it takes to produce an amazing coffee.
1. Cherries are harvested in the morning @ 23-25° Brix.
2. Cherries are float-sorted to remove imperfect fruit.
3. Cherries are dried on raised beds as naturals for a period of 8 days.
4. Cherries are re-hydrated for a period of 18-24 hours.
5. Cherries are depulped mechanically, leaving their mucilage intact.
6. Coffee is then dried on raised beds as a honey for an average period of 25-30 days.