Study 13 of 13 on "Jesus Wept": The Bible and Human Emotions.
Scriptural Basis: Mark 1:21–35; Luke 4:31–42; Matt. 6:14, 15; 25:34–46; 26:36–44; Ps. 31:24.
Key Text: “ ‘Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me’ ” (John 15:4, NIV).
1. What does it mean to you personally that Jesus said, “ ‘Remain in me, and I will remain in you’ ”?
2. What specific instances from Scripture tell us about the role of prayer in Jesus’ life on this earth?
3. What are the health benefits of an active prayer life and relationship with God?
4. To what extent is forgiveness an element of health?
5. According to Scripture, how important is community in the Christian’s life?
6. What practical means may Christians employ for the purpose of supporting and strengthening one another?