Study 01 of 13 on "Garments of Grace" -- Clothing Imagery In the Bible
Scriptural Basis: Isaiah 64; Rom. 3:21-31; 4:1-7; 6:1-13; Phil. 3:3-16.
Key Text: “Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered” (Rom. 4:7, NIV).
1. Why do you think clothing recurs so often as in image in Scripture?
2. What connection is made in Scripture between clothing and righteousness?
3. How does Scripture define righteousness?
4. How are we to understand what it means to have assurance of salvation?
5. If we are clothed with Christ’s righteousness, why is there still a need for concern about obedience to God’s law?
6. In what practical ways can we communicate assurance of salvation?