The Burnett Lecture Series is named in honor of Mr. Gilbert
Burnett Jr., faculty emeritus, who taught at St. George’s from 1958
to 1960, and then again from 1966 through 1990. Mr. Burnett
died on September 13, 2009. At St. George’s he was head of the
Science Department and held the Vincent Astor ’10 Chair in Science
from 1968 through 1990.