Dr. Charles Colin, Advanced Lip Flexibilities (Chas. Colin, 1980), 21-24.
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
2. BIG BREATH – CHEST UP – SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
3. Work toward speeding up the tongue trill
4. Rest for a few moments between each phrase
5. Play entire phrase in one breath
6. WATCH THE TONGUE
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.