Dr Nancy Klimas and her team of researchers including Dr Gordon Broderick of the University of Alberta as well as Drs Lina Garcia and Dolores Perdomo of the University of Miami present the latest findings from their research on ME/CFS and Gulf War Illness.
In this first of the series of videos, Dr Klimas discusses the background of her involvement with ME/CFS and Gulf War Illness (GWI) as well as the research projects under her direction:
• Microarray study of 30,000 genes in a genomic study during exercise to determine what mediates a relapse.
• Biomarker discovery studies for both ME/CFS and Gulf War Illness (GWI)
• Dynamic Modeling to determine what might be done to intervene the development of ME/CFS and Gulf War Illness
• Update on the TeleHealth SMART energy study to determine the impact of cognitive behavioral therapy in dealing with ME/CFS.
• The development of a Natural History Study to develop a bio-bank of information on ME/CFS
• The forthcoming Murine retrovirus study for GWI
Dr klimas' presentation is from the conference "Understanding Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME and Gulf War Illness" hosted by Dr Klimas at the VA Hospital in Miami on March 26, 2011.
Duration: 13:03 minutes
For more information on ME/CFS, go to cfsknowledgecenter.com.
For direct communication with others from around the world with ME/CFS, go to me-cfscommunity.com.
Please help us to help you. Tax deductable donations in support of videos like this may be made through PayPal at: paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7561374