In Matthew 6, Jesus teaches us what we need to know so we can pray excellently. Today we will look at the phrase “Thy will be done.”
God has a plan for you and me that is better and more fulfilling than our own plans could ever be. More importantly, the fact that He has a will concerning you and me individually demonstrates our value to Him. Plans are a result of deliberation and careful planning. In other words, His will for my life is a result of time God has spent thinking about me. God thinks about me. He thinks about you too.
Following God’s plan for us is easier and more important than we might think. Here are a few keys to help keep us on the right track.
• Acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (Don’t change course until He speaks again).
• Don’t halt between two opinions for too long. I Kings 18:21, Revelation 3:16
• Follow peace. John 14:23-27
• Let freedom speak. Galatians 5:1
• Forget what lies behind. Philippians 3:12-13