A quick video where I break down my animation process for Quill. In VR, she's quite small compared to the player, and this clip is intended to grab the player's attention when they're not looking at her. So to accommodate those requirements, I chose to put in a lot of exaggeration. More than is probably necessary, but it works well for the scale and context. Here are my steps:
1) Get a general pose idea, and rough clip length.
2) Core and Supporting pose creation in step-key.
3) Spend time with my curves on my center of mass
4) Spend time with my curves on her spine.
5) Animate her feet/legs
6) Then her arms/hands
7) Finally, a pass on face, ears, and tail.
In a future video, I'll break down each step in further detail. For now, keep an eye out for more Moss! And follow Polyarc Games on social media!