On June 20th 2017, Kunsthal Charlottenborg marked the United Nations World Refugee Day with an event including talks, food, music and the official inauguration of a new installation by Ai Weiwei entitled "Soleil Levant" that barricades the windows of Kunsthal Charlottenborg with more than 3500 salvaged life jackets collected from refugees arriving at the Greek Island of Lesbos.
In this video, you can hear the five speakers of a panel moderated by Michael Touber, director at Kunsthal Charlottenborg:
- Luise Faurschou, Curator and Founder of ART 2030
- Mogens Lykketoft, President of the UN's 70. Session of the General Assembly
- Elisabeth Arnsdorf Haslund, Spokesperson for UNHCR, Denmark
- Rafat Al-Hamid, Founder of House of Humanity
- Jonas Keiding Lindholm, General Secretary, Save the Children Denmark