Finally being released on vinyl! The official soundtrack for Quentin Tarantino’s most underrated script and 90s cult classic, True Romance.
Nearly 25 years after a call girl dumped her popcorn on an unsuspecting Elvis-worshipping comic book nerd, Wargod and Real Gone Music are teaming up to bring this gem to its rightful home on vinyl. Boasting a track list as diverse and quirky as the film itself, the True Romance soundtrack takes left turns as quickly as Clarence and Alabama can scarf down some pie. From Tarantino-must rockabilly (Charlie Sexton, Chris Isaak), to timeline appropriate grunge (Soundgarden), to love sick nods (John Waite, Robert Palmer), to the iconic Badlands-inspired score by Hans Zimmer. Oh, and lets not forget Léo Delibes as his masterful composition (arranged by Howard Blake) accompanies that glorious exchange between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper. "I haven't killed anybody since 1984..."
Inspired by a Sonny Chiba triple feature, there are three variations of the True Romance vinyl soundtrack available for the first pressing. Wargod will have two exclusive colored vinyl variations, including Clarence inspired “king gold” (limited to 297), as well as a clear with aqua and pink splatter variation – inspired by Alabama’s so cool 90s wardrobe, limited to 686. Wargod will also be carrying a very limited amount of Real Gone Music’s retail version on blood splatter vinyl (/2000).
Wargod's “king gold” vinyl variation is being made available exclusively with a deluxe box set that True Romance fans won’t want to miss.
• Dick Ritchie signed 8x10 (autographed by Michael Rapaport)
• 5 piece set of 1” studio-approved True Romance soft enamel pins
• Slipmat with original True Romance art
• Clarence inspired "king" sunglasses
• Alabama inspired malibu sunglasses
• Mock ‘Coming Home in a Bodybag’ VHS case
• Clarence’s Michigan drivers license recovered from Drexl’s lair (don’t worry, we cleaned off the blood splatter)
• Beverly Ambassador Hotel napkin with "Youre So Cool" stamp
• "Greetings from Cancun" postcard with genuine 1992 Elvis postage stamp on reverse side
• Elliot Blitzer mugshot
• All items neatly housed inside a 12.75 x 12.75 collector’s box with matte black finish, hand numbered in gold ink out of 297, and featuring the iconic True Romance angel tattoo / logo in gold foil stamping.
You’ll be transported back to 1993 and quickly reminded that it’s not white boy day.
Album contains exclusive artwork by Rafał Wechterowicz (Slayer, Metallica) and is packaged inside a gatefold jacket.
1. Hans Zimmer – You’re So Cool
2. Charlie Sexton – Graceland
3. John Waite – In Dreams
4. Charles & Eddie – Wounded Bird
5. Nymphomania – I Want Your Body
6. Hans Zimmer – Stars at Dawn
1. Shelby Lynne – I Need A Heart To Come Home To
2. Delibes – Viens Mallika Sous le Dome Edais from Lakme
3. Robert Palmer – (Love Is) The Tender Trap
4. Soundgarden – Outshined
5. Hans Zimmer – Amid the Chaos of the Day
6. Chris Isaak – Two Hearts